Giorgia 16F Italy

Host Families

Introduction Message:

I’m nice to everyone and if someone needs me I’ll always be there for them. I'm creative, ambitious and reserved. I like drawing, reading and listening to rock music because they allow me to travel with my imagination. I love practicing my sport savate because it makes me feel alive. I’m an only child, but I have a cat.  With my host family i would like to spend time doing activities together and trying things I've never done before, but I would also like to cook them traditional Italian food.

Interests:

• Cooking
  • Savate (Martial Arts)
  • Reading
  • Movies
  • Interior Design
  • Travel
  • Playing Cards
  • Listening to Rock Music
  • Would like to join the Track & Field team in the U.S.!

Host Family Letter:

Dear host family, my name is Giorgia and live in Italy. I love my real family and I have cat. I’m an only child and I’ve always been curious to see how it’s like to have brothers and sisters, so I hope to have one of my age in America. I like quite landscapes like the sea or the hills. I prefer to live in places where the climate is warm/mild and where there is the sea. I attend the scientific high schoool. I study a lot and I work really hard to achieve my goals.  I'm very active and in my free time I can't stay without doing anything. I usually practice savate. Other sports I’ve heard about and I would like to try there are surf, track and field and cross country. I love rock music, reading books and watching movies, drawing, cooking and travelling. When me and my friends go out we enjoy going shopping, going to the cinema, and bowling. I'm very determined and ambitious, so I hardly give up. I get really serious, quiet and a little reserved when I'm in important situations, but then I can be also very talkative and friendly when I'm with friends .I always respect others, I’m really calm and obedient. I know that next year I’ll totally change my way of living, and the best thing about it is that I don’t have any fear of that, because I’m really curious to know new things and to face the world that I live in. I wish I’ll feel part of your family and you’ll be proud of me as your daughter, as I would like that this experience won’t be just great for me, but also for you. See you soon!

Parent Letter:

Dear host family, we are Paola and Oscar, Giorgia’s parents. In our family with the 3 of us, there is also our cat Pepita. Giorgia has 3 grandparents she loves very much. Both of us are very busy with our jobs, so Giorgia has always been independent.
In the evening we get together for dinner, Giorgia collaborate with us setting the table and we tell each other what happened during the day. During weekends we go to the cinema. Giorgia and her dad enjoy cooking together.
When we get away, we like to be in contact with nature. In the summer holidays we go to the seaside or to the hills. We also really like traveling.
Giorgia is interested in comics and loves drawing. She likes listening to rock music and she took guitar lessons. She is sporty, once a week she takes Savate (martial art) course and a couple of times a week she trains alone at home. She gives a lot of importance to school, she studies on average 4/5 hours a day. She is very affectionate with people she knows well. Compared to most of her peers she is really responsible She is a little bit reserved, she is more listener than chatty. In very few words we could say that she’s very strong and very sensitive. Being Giorgia only child, even if we know we’ll miss her a lot we are sure this will be a great experience for her
Thank you in advance for the opportunity you will allow her.

USAHSID: YOU24548SR