Meet the Employer: Private Language Academy Position in Chile

CIEE TEFL

CIEE TEFL is honored to partner with various employers worldwide to facilitate job options for CIEE TEFL students and alumni. One of those options is the CIEE TEFL Job Placement Assistance in Chile. CIEE TEFL wanted to give the employer a chance to introduce themselves and highlight their employment option.  

This is what the employer in Chile had to say:

Our company was founded in 2012 as a response to the lack of fun, conversationally-focused English instruction in Chile. Rather than teach from a textbook and run grammar exercises, our company is all about putting the language to use through personalized coaching with our instructors.

With over 60 teachers and 10+ office staff, our company is constantly growing. However, we remain dedicated to giving each student a personalized learning experience and providing individualized support to our teachers through training, professional development, and assistance with the visa application process needed to live and work in Chile.

Our methodology is based on providing dynamic English instruction that helps students to quickly meet their language goals while also having a good time along the way. We use the flipped classroom model of teaching, where instead of having students study grammar and do exercises, we provide the materials for them to study the grammar at home and then come to the class ready to put it into practice via engaging conversations with native speakers. 

In addition, teachers write notes for the students, which incorporate corrections, new vocabulary, homework assignment, explanations of new grammatical concepts, and more. Think of this as a summary of the session, one that serves as a personalized guide to help fine-tune their study time.

Santiago de Chile's Metropolitan Cathedral at sunset

Highlights of the Support Provided by the Employer in Chile:

• Visa sponsorship and assistance with the application process in exchange for a one-year teaching commitment on the ground in Santiago, Chile.
  • Assistance through each step of the visa process, from obtaining notarized work documents, to setting up appointments with the Chilean consulate, to planning travel and getting new teachers oriented to live in Santiago
  • Guidance through the process of obtaining the Chilean ID card, opening a bank account, and getting registered with the tax service and health insurance.
  • In-depth online training, with the option to view pre-recorded classes or shadow a teacher in real-time.
  • Weekly Spanish class and academic support for all teachers.
  • Opportunity to chat over a beer with newcomers at our biannual happy hours!
Interested in learning more? Read more about logistics and practicalities of working with the employer.  
Got questions? Send us an email at tefl@ciee.org. 😊