Here's an Idea: Work Abroad after Graduation

CIEE TEFL

Want to do something a bit unconvential after college? Many graduates don’t realize all of the endless opportunities available to them—including working abroad. While the job market can be tough state-side, there are opportunities abound to teach English abroad. Bonus? It will be an experience unlike any other.

Teaching English in a foreign country is increasingly becoming a more common option for recent college grads, with degrees ranging from Accounting to Journalism. It is a perfect time to leave the familiar, travel, learn about yourself, the world, and maybe even pick up a new language.

With your bachelor’s degree in tow, you’re halfway there. Many countries and schools require a certification to teach English as a foreign language, otherwise known as TEFL. The great part about getting certified is you can take the course online at any time. (We have rolling start dates every two weeks!)

So while you’re figuring your life out and scrambling to figure out your future plans, why not invest in getting TEFL certified—even before you graduate. It’s all online, easy to use and completely credible. With this certification, you will have your one way ticket to traveling the world with a salary.

You have the freedom to choose how long you want to teach for and where. In addition, being TEFL-certified will give your resume a boost, as well as all of the communicative and interpersonal skills you will acquire during your experience. Don’t want to make teaching a career? No worries—there are many ways to market yourself after your teach abroad stint ends.