A Weekend in Seoul—A Look Inside CIEE’s Weekend Retreat!

Teach In South Korea Program

CIEE Teach Abroad

CIEE’s Weekend Retreat is one of the many benefits of CIEE’s Teach in South Korea programs! A weekend where teachers meet in Seoul and have the chance to make friends and meet local CIEE staff! A few weeks ago, the CIEE Seoul team hosted the Spring 2024 Retreat—let’s walk through the weekend:

Friday:

CIEE Teachers outside the Greater Seoul Area travel to Seoul and check-in to the hotel. 

retreat 8

Saturday: 

CIEE Teachers living in Seoul traveled to the hotel and met the other teachers. Then, everyone made their way to the Seminar Room to attend a two-hour Guest Lecture. They discussed the logistics of living in Korea, teaching advice, and how to effectively communicate with Korean colleagues.  

retreat 5

Around noon, they ate lunch and had some free time before going to the Kimchi Master Class! The teachers spent one-hour learning how to make kimchi. 

retreat 6
retreat 7
retreat 9

They had a few hours after the class before the Group Dinner. While there, the local staff organized a CIEE Indie Concert for the teachers. 

retreat 8

Sunday:

Everyone meets at the Farewell Lunch before they make their way back to their respective cities.

retreat 7