My Journey to Experiencing Immeasurably More in Spain

Kaitlyn G.

Hey everyone!

My name is Kaitlyn, I’m 22 years old, and from Cleveland, Ohio. I’ve also lived in Charlotte, North Carolina, and New Orleans, Louisiana. I received my undergraduate degree in Finance and Management from Tulane University and then worked in corporate banking right after graduation.

Although I appreciated my degree in Finance, I found myself unhappy at my job in corporate banking. I contemplated finding another job in the industry or another job in the States, but deep down I knew I wouldn't feel fully fulfilled. I didn’t want to continue down a path because it was what I was “supposed” to do. So I decided to take a risk and do something different with the mindset that no experience is a wasted experience. In short, what ultimately motivated me to teach abroad were two things: 1) a quote on my vision board that says “There is no ‘right’ time, only time and what you choose to do with it” and 2) my spiritual journey compelling me to step out on faith and let the rest be revealed as I continue to experience immeasurably more than I could have ever imagined.

My goals while abroad are to say yes to most things, travel and explore Spain, positively impact my students, and work on my Spanish fluency. In addition, I want to continue to act boldly, grow through discomfort, and experience the world outside my bubble while making sure to reflect to get to know myself better. A small part of me is nervous about the transition - finding permanent housing and building a new community all over again - but I know that everything will work out with time. The other part of me is most excited to immerse myself in a new culture and develop a broader global perspective.

I can’t wait to share more about myself and my experiences with everyone reading my posts. I hope I can inspire someone else to take life-changing a leap of faith too!