How to Celebrate International Women's Day Abroad

CIEE Teach Abroad

You can contribute no matter where you are. 

Teach_Amanda Hager_Thailand 10
CIEE Teach in Thailand

March 8 is International Women’s Day. With no big fuss, Macy's sponsored parade, or official day-off work, It’s a holiday that’s easy to forget about it. You may be reminded during work when your co-worker nonchalantly reads a Facebook posts and exclaims, "Oh! It's International Women's Day!" Then you'll quietly return to your day, forgetting to do something to acknowledge the holiday. Don't be fooled by the relative modesty of the day, this holiday is not to be forgotten, no matter where you are. 

The incredible part of International Women's Day is that it's a global holiday, meaning people from around the world will be taking the time to commemorate the exceptional female pioneers of the past, present, and future. It's a time for women to unify around the world and to ban together on the many global issues that we must address.  So whether you are at home, teaching English abroad, or traveling, don't just give a nod to the day, actually celebrate. Here are some ways you can participate in International Women’s day from anywhere.