Tour of Gangnam

K-Pop Immersion

Gangnam, which is the south of the Han river, is the home of many modern K-Pop legacies. If you are a dedicated fan of K-Pop, touring around Gangnam is a great idea.

Walking down the K-Star road, you can see the GangnamDol of the many international K-Pop groups, including KARA, EXO, SNSD, BTS, etc.

Near the K-Star road, you can find many entertainment companies, including the Rain Company, Around Us Entertainment, and JYP Entertainment. It was surprising to see that the JYP building is fairly small, which was unexpected for a company with its wide repitoire and reknown. The building is on a small street and only takes up very little space. There was a surprising lack of fans which was most likely because sasaeng (stalker) fans told them that their idols were not going to be there. In addition we saw Around Us Entertainment, the entertainment company of Highlight, right next to JYP.

Later on, we arrived at the COEX mall. It was filled with many shops including those for make up, clothes and other necessary appliances. We saw one of the most impressive libraries inside which was filled with books and was around the height of three stories. Within the mall, we saw the SM Artrium which was very important to us, because we are big as SM artists' fans. SM is one of the biggest company of K-Pop, and then Artrium had everything SM related, from awards that idols won and dresses that idols wore to idol pictures and kpop merchandise. .

Overall this was a very fun experience and we would love to do this again

Come to this area if you are a fan of modern K-Pop! You'll have lots of fun! 

Michelle, Cynthia, CeCe