Terra & Mar Adventure

Mediterranean Marine Ecosystems & Sustainability

Scott Varin

Terra & Mar Adventures'  philosophy is based in the belief that "adventure is how children  discover a natural environment in which to spend all the energy of their age. We certainly enjoyed the adventure and  "spent all our energy" provided by Terra & Mar . Arriving in late afternoon, students unpacked and arranged their rooms at a local hotel. Once settled and with an air of excitement we were lead to the beach by Terra & Mar staff where students were challenged to break out of their comfort zone and try coasterring.  Coasterring is as much about adrenaline-fueled fun as it is about enjoying and exploring the natural habitat along your coastal route. Students traveled along the rocky coast , jumping in and out of the water as they explored their new surroundings. Soon it was dinner time followed by games led by staff and exploring Alducia. The next day we hiked about 2.5 kilometers through the forests and over a ridge to a secluded beach where we were able to swim and eat our lunch along the shoreline. A boat picked us up in the late afternoon and we enjoyed an exciting ride back to port, with a quick stop to swim off the boat in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. Our last day with Terra &Mar  was spent napping on the beach, and competitive games of beach volley ball followed by a few hours at the hotel pools!