A slice of Italy: our student's unforgettable Pizza workshop

Italian Language & Culture

Khadija Tirha

Last week, our students had the incredible opportunity to participate in a pizza-making workshop hosted by the renowned pizzeria "Rosso Pomodoro." As the largest chain of Neapolitan pizzerias worldwide, this iconic restaurant is a cornerstone of authentic pizza and Neapolitan cuisine. From the moment we walked in, the scene was set for a hands-on culinary adventure. The tables were prepared with bowls of flour and glasses of water, ready for the dough-making process. Our students, donning aprons like professional pizzaioli, eagerly awaited the start of their pizza journey.

Chef Luigi, the master pizzaiolo, kicked off the workshop by explaining the step-by-step process of making the perfect pizza dough. He guided the students through mixing the flour and sourdough starter, encouraging them to get their hands dirty and knead the dough themselves. The room buzzed with excitement as the students laughed, asked for tips, and enjoyed the tactile experience of working with the dough. The fun didn't stop there. In groups of four, the students were invited into the kitchen to customize their pizzas. They chose from a variety of toppings, allowing their creativity to shine. Once their masterpieces were complete, they baked their pizzas to perfection, eagerly anticipating the first bite.

The highlight of the day was undoubtedly the moment they tasted their creations. Each student proudly posed with their pizza, capturing the memory with photos and savoring the flavors of their work.