Second week of drawings, gelatos, friendship, smiles and many moments to keep in the heart.

Drawing in the Capital of the Arts

Thais Bolton

Second week in Florence! We have already experienced so many good times and there is still a lot to come. To begin with, it must be said that we are being fortunate with wonderful days with bright blue skies. Everyone is being brave and resisting the Florentine heat very well. Students are loving the drawing classes. We have already had classes in the classroom, in parks and museums. Here are some photos from the classes.

Gate wall
Marino M
Park
Museum

It's fun to watch them learn Italian and practice it when we go out to dinner. We are enjoying Florentine life and living like locals, taking buses and walking a lot. Our house (Casale) and our neighborhood make us feel like true Italians. We are all having a good time at home. It's great to see them spending time together, drawing, singing, playing ping-pong and making friends. I love walking with them after dinner to have our Gelato in the fresh evening air.

casale
Casale2
Bus

Last week we had a rafting trip on the Arno River, it was a refreshing trip and full of interesting stories about Florence, told by our guide. A really cool activity was also Paper Marbling. The students made sensational art. And I have to say that my favorite dinner so far was the dinner they prepared in the cooking class, making pasta from scratch, if I were a cooking critic, I would give our chefs a perfect score!

Arno
Paper
Chefs

And of course I need to mention our incredible journey to Rome on Saturday. It was a day with many moments to keep in your heart. Starting with the train ride in the morning with a beautiful view in the window with sunflower fields. Arriving in Rome, we took the metro to meet our guide, a local artist and architect. It was moving to see the smiles of students entering the city, touching doors that are part of history. The cool waters of the fountains cooled us off from the heat and the views and architecture were breathtaking.

metro
door
rome
Roma

We are certainly all having a rich experience to remember for a lifetime. I hope these memories always bring them happiness.