Parlons français!

Ami Hauser

This week in French class the students reviewed and learned expressions to introduce themselves, their families in the US and their host families here in Morocco.  They also learned about the geography of Morocco and about different cities in Morocco like Fez, Marrekech, Agadir, Meknes and Tangier.  On Friday, students gave a presentation in French about themselves to apply everything they learned this week. 

During the afternoon sessions, they played games in French in the park to reinforce the vocabulary they were learning in class and also practiced introducing themselves and asking questions to local Moroccans to get to know people in the community in Rabat.  Their French skills have really improved in only a week here and they are so proud of their ability to communicate with locals and use their language skills to navigate the city!    This weekend, they will spend time with their host families learning the secret to making le thé à la menthe ( mint tea!)  which is a daily ritual in Moroccan culture!  More to come!