Meeting Local Students

你好!!

This morning I woke up at 6:30 pleasantly surprised that my body continued to follow the same strange pattern- the more sleep I get the more tired I feel, and the less sleep I get the more awake I feel. After getting out of bed and eating a nice breakfast of noodles, steamed buns, and soy milk, I walked to the metro excited for another day in Shanghai.

Every Friday class is unique because we review everything we learned from that week with a project. Last week we created power points which displayed basic introductory information, information about Shanghai, and some table manners and food habits unique to China. This week two classmates and I created a skit which covered the topics of 微信(WeChat), 网购(Online shopping), 环境保护(environmental protection), and 共享单车( Shared Bikes.)

After class was over a group of friends and I rode bikes to Global Harbor (A local shopping mall) to get lunch. We were all feeling a little tired of the Chinese cuisine so we decided to order fried chicken instead- a good choice. Following lunch the class took a bus to a local sports bar where we met local high school students. This was an awesome experience- the locals were very friendly and provided us a new perspective on life in China. To cap this event off, we gave our classmate Kelly (Who's birthday was today) a chair ride- a sight typically only seen at Jewish weddings and Barmitzvahs. (Pictures to come.)

;)

-Frank Kwartin