First Day of Classes!

Connecting Italian Art, History & Culture

Megan Forbes

Ciao Roma! CIEE Students had their first day of classes today. We woke up at the hotel and enjoyed our breakfast and coffee. We then strolled to the CIEE office and enjoyed the bustling streets this Tuesday morning. The CIEE office is located in a breathtaking palazzo ("large palace") in Piazza Campitelli. The building is from the 1500s and historically impressive with large classrooms, administrative offices, lounges, and grandiose pieces of art on the walls. The whole office feels like a Renaissance painting- which is completely appropriate for this course!! The students are truly immersed in the culture of Rome from the hotel, classrooms, and everything in between. 

We have two professors with us Gianluca Lorenzini and Giorgi Maccarelli- they are teaching the courses Functional Italian and Connecting Art. 

These classes will teach the students Italian language skills to help navigate the city and feel comfortable chatting with locals and all about the art history of the city. The ancient streets of the city will be the main show but with these classroom skills and knowledge everything will come together. Students will be able to take course material and apply them to each day in Rome. 

A presto!