CIEE Students in Berlin Combine Business with Pleasure: From Falafel to Chocolate Sculptures

Global Entrepreneurship

Anthony Sia

Berlin's historic streets buzzed with a different kind of energy today as CIEE students, having spent weeks immersed in the world of entrepreneurship and German language, enjoyed a well-deserved reward.

The day featured a delightful lunch in the courtyard, courtesy of Refueats, a local favorite known for its innovative, healthy take on street food. Students savored falafel and haloumi wraps, a delicious fusion of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean flavors, fueling their entrepreneurial spirits.

The afternoon, however, offered a sweeter kind of education. In keeping with Berlin's rich chocolate heritage, students were presented with a delectable choice: to explore the city in pairs or embark on a guided tour to two renowned chocolate havens.

For those seeking a hands-on experience, Ritter Sport, a German chocolate giant famous for its colorful squares, beckoned. Founded in 1932, Ritter Sport has become synonymous with playful experimentation. Here, students weren't just passive consumers; they transformed into chocolate artisans, crafting and packaging their own creations, a fitting culmination of their entrepreneurial endeavors.

The group also ventured to Rausch Schokoladenhaus, a visual feast for the senses. Established in 1839, Rausch is steeped in tradition, boasting a rich history and a dedication to the art of chocolate making. But Rausch isn't just about delectable truffles and pralines; it's also a wonderland of chocolate sculptures. From intricate cityscapes to life-sized animals, these artistic creations offered a testament to the boundless creativity that chocolate can inspire.

Whether crafting their own treats or marveling at edible masterpieces, the CIEE students' day in Berlin combined cultural immersion with a touch of sugary delight, proving that learning can indeed be a delicious adventure.