CIEE Shanghai: Trip to Shanghai Disneyland Park (2017/07/16)

The day began with the Shanghai Disneyland Park attendees gathering 6:00 AM in front of East China Normal University. It took a lot for us to get up this early. Some of us usually woke up at 6:00 AM.

20170716_060152

We kept our eyes awake until the bus came. We enjoyed a nice 1 hour bus ride from East China Normal University. Before we got off of the bus, we were given the rundown. "It will be crowded" and "People will skip you" are some of the tips we received. 

We gathered into our groups and then headed into the park. The park's beauty was topped by The Enchanted Storybrook Castle. Once we entered the park we headed towards the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, which is Shanghai Disney spent billions to construct, making it the most expensive rise in the park. While on line for the ride, we witnessed long waiting, crowding, and skipping that was present at almost every ride

.

IMG_20170717_073940_833 (1)

The ride was amazing. I say Shanghai Disney put their money in the right place. After the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, we split off to to cover the rest of the park. Everyone ran into long lines that were crowded and contained some skipping. I even ended up skipping at some point.

20170716_112529

After a long and hot day, we, as well as the entire park, gathered to watch the fireworks and the projections on the Enchanted Storybrook Castle. After the show we huddled and exited the park, which was difficult since so was everyone else. When we made it back to the bus everyone was exhausted and had aching feet and legs.

By Jordan Whiteside