My Family in Spain

High School Abroad in Spain

Madison P.

So I have been here less than a week, but I know my placement is good for me. I live in Campolivar, which is in the province of Valencia. We are a few metro rides away from Valencia City, so it is the perfect distance to have the town atmosphere with the option of the city. I go to school in Godella, which is very close to Paterna. I really love that we are able to walk most places, and the public transportation makes things ten times easier. 

Now to my host family. It is a house full of women, so it is always fun. My host mom is Cristina, and she is a local coordinator, so she knows what she is doing. She has been very helpful and welcoming this first week. She has two daughters, Paula and Andrea. I think they are both hilarious, and all the dinners together have been intersting. They all speak english, which I was apprehensive about at first, but overall it has helped me with my spanish. If I ever have questions, I am able to ask them, so I know I am getting better little by little. There is also Nora, another foreign exchange student from Finland. We are close in age, and we go to the same school. It has been really nice to have someone going through the same ups and downs of being in a new place with new experiences, and I know I can rely on her. We have all been getting along, and I like having sisters. I am excited for the memories we will make together. 

I will take more pictures for future posts.