Szymon 18M Poland

Host Families

Introduction Message:

I am into an active lifestyle, since childhood my favorite summer activities have been skiing and hiking. I like to keep my hands busy, while at summer house I tinker around and repair stuff for fun. Recently I have started sailing. I am a pretty shy person at the start but after knowing the person I open up. I am said to be well-behaved and liked by my friends and classmates. I am a member of a happy family of 5, parents, brother, sister, a dog and a cat.

Interests:

• Skiing
  • Computers
  • Tennis
  • Sailing
  • Gym

Host Family Letter:

I am Szymon , a 17 year old male. Since childhood I have been an active boy. My favorite school break is the winter one because my family goes skiing abroad for a week. I really like to play tennis. I used to play it regularly throughout the school years before the start of Covid. Around a year ago I started sailing, so far I have over 650h on the sea. Other than sports I am into computers, more hardware rather than software but both fields cross over a lot. After graduating from primary school I built my first PC. Since childhood I have been tinkering around everything. In my family I am known as the second best Jack of all trades. 

I like to keep my day organised. Usually I wake up before school with time to do my morning routine. Then I eat breakfast and go to school. After school I meet up with friends, then I go home to do my housework and homework and eat dinner. At least once a week I go to eat at my grammy, I really like that, especially playing board games which happens at the end. Every other day I go to the gym with my friends. After all, if I have some time, I play video games. On weekends I meet my friends or spend some time with family.

I think I would be described as a person with rules who does not like too many changes, needs to know people around himself to feel comfortable and to be himself, is open for new experience, somebody who is likeable, funny, happy, helpful, selfless and knows when to be assertive and mature.

Parent Letter:

We are a family of five, Szymon is a middle child, and we are really close to our extended family. For our familys celebrations together are important. As a family, we annually go skiing for a week, while at our grandparents' house children do many water sports on the lake. Most of the summer we spend at our cabin house in the forest. Szymon is into nature and IT, he is very imaginative and handy. In our house, he is a Jack of all trades. His duties are keeping the room clean, doing his laundry, taking care of animals, helping with making meals, and taking care of moving the garden. Szymon is disciplined with school duties, he takes care of them himself. For him meetups with friends are a big deal. At least once a week he goes out with them and bimonthly they have sleepovers. Szymon is responsible with his curfew, so now we give him free rein with time. Szymon has a hard time giving out his emotions and informing others about his feelings and worries. We would be grateful if you would keep an eye on him. As a teen, he can be influenced by others, so please take a look at his environment.

USAHSID: ALM24505