Svenja 16F Germany

Host Families

Introduction Message:

I’m a very active and well organized person. I play the bass in band and sometimes ukulele and guitar at home. I do Brasilien jujitsu and love to try new sports so I do a wild mix of them. I am open minded and curious. I love spending time in nature and learning new things, therefore I take part in 2 youth groups one for first aid and one about the forest. Besides that I enjoy cooking, baking, reading, writing and of course spending lots time with my friends. I am carring, humorouse and happy.

Interests:

• Camping
  • Instruments
  • Cooking
  • Martial Arts
  • Travel

Host Family Letter:

Dear future host family,

First of all thank you for your consideration and spending your time getting to know me. 

As I am a student I go to school five times a week until 2 p.m, except on Thursday where I have band practice. My favorite subjects are Science, PE and Spanish. Two to 3 times a week I do Brasilien jujitsu and am part of two groups. As you could read in the introduction message I have many hobbies and interests, mainly because I don’t like being bored. I also love to try new things and do stuff I might not be good at like singing and dancing. I am generally pretty joyful and love company.

A lot of my time I spent with friends, whether it is studying together, going shopping, having sleepovers or just calling. They are incredibly important to me, same as my family so to give you a bit inside perspective of my personality here are some words they used to describe me: Carring, helpful, smart, funny, well organized, kind, cheerful, trustworthy, loyal and versatile.

As my friends said I am open minded, but of cause I have some hopes for the year. I hope to learn about your culture, viewpoint and to have a lot of fun. I want to try new things and experience the high school spirit. Of course I would love to show you my culture and cook some amazing German dishes. I am helpful and a happy person, so I might fit into your family. 

Anyway thank you for reading my letter and giving me the possibility to make my dream come true. 

Already excited and best wishes

Svenja

Parent Letter:

Dear future host family,

we’re glad that you consider hosting Svenja and would like to present our family. We're a family of 4. Svenja and her one year older brother are close. In our family everyone has a job, Svenja’s job is to cook regularly. Which she likes to do and does it pretty good. 

Svenja likes to be busy, same as her brother. When we're together we spent time playing, watch TV or doing outside activities like biking, hiking or stand up paddling. Svenja has always loved water. We try to eat one meal a day together daily.

We have a trusting relationship. Svenja always keeps agreements, communicates when something goes wrong and offers solutions to problems.

Svenja is structured and disciplined, therefore school is easy for her. She always finishes her homework quickly.

We often got feedback saying that she is very nice, helpful, courteous and that she has a varied personality, We can only confirm this. Her interests are wildly different, besides sport, she loves to cook. Svenja is very ambitious, close to nature and socially committed. What makes us incredibly happy is her big friend group. She always manages to cultivate friendships and finds time to spend with them. She is very organized and likes to plan stuff. Sadly she sometimes puts herself under to much pressure.  As you can read Svenja is very nice and kind, she is a person with whom you can have a lot of fun.

This text is to short to really show Svenja but we are sure that you will love her.

Best wishes

USAHSID: CBE24508