Sota 17M Japan

Host Families

Introduction Message:

Nice to meet you! I like watching animation, cooking, something and listening to music. I'm not good at sports, but I want to play. I'm shy and don't have confidence, but I like talking to someone, so I hope to change my mind in America. I usually call my best friends after school and sometimes make dinner to help my mother in an average week. I usually call my best friends at the weekend and go shopping with my family. But I sometimes do nothing, relax.

Interests:

• Pop Music
  • Camping
  • Interior Design
  • Cooking

Host Family Letter:

Hi! I live in Japan with my parents, sister, and dog. I love listening to music, and it makes me very happy. And I like to cook something. When I cook for someone, if it makes someone happy also, I'm delighted. I want to call my friends because we are students from different high schools and wish to discuss our day. It's enjoyable. And I like trying to do new things. I'm very excited. But I don't have any plans for my future yet.

I usually call my best friends after school, and I sometimes take my dog for a walk. Then I listen to music or watch something until dinner, but when my mother is sick, I cook dinner for my family. After dinner, I usually do my homework for an hour. And I take a bath. Then, I typically go to bed at midnight in an average week. At the weekend, I usually wake up late in the morning. Then I usually go shopping with my family or call my friends. I don't usually go out with my friends at the weekend. I often listen to music long before dinner, and I love it. I start doing exciting things, and I forget the passing of time. I can do it almost forever. And I usually finish my homework just before the deadline. That's my problem.

I'm in Malta to study a language, and I live in a student house. I made a lot of friends, so I'm having fun now. But I worry about my friends in America because I don't have any American friends, and I hardly ever talk to Americans. That's why I'd like to ask you a question when I arrive in America.

Parent Letter:

He is warm-hearted and friendly, so he gets along well with everyone and can get along quickly in new environments. He is responsible, caring, and considerate of those around him, so he is highly trusted by those around him. He is the type of person who gets absorbed in and concentrates on what he likes. At home, he likes playing FPS games using PCs, researching details about PCs, collecting parts, and assembling them myself. He also focuses on video editing and uploads it to YouTube. He also likes cooking and making sweets and often makes them.

He also has a cousin who is 10 years younger than him, and he has been playing with him a lot. He can be very gentle with younger and more minor children. He also loves dogs, and we currently have our second dog.

He is currently living in a dormitory in Malta, and since he has a clear goal of becoming able to speak English, he actively speaks to him. He has increased the opportunities to speak English and has made many friends. He seems to enjoy living with his friends, serving them his unique dishes, going out together, and having fun.

This exchange program is exciting, including being in America for the first time, staying in a homestay for the first time, and taking classes taught in English. I'm sure he's filled with anticipation. I look forward to seeing him grow further as he gains various knowledge and experiences. Thank you for your continued support for the past year.

USAHSID: YYG24503