Shant 17M Armenia

Host Families

Introduction Message:

Hi, I am Shant, 16 years old. I live in Armenia, and I study in the 11th grade of high school. Before proceeding to my essay, I would like to thank the organizers of the program and the host families for welcoming young people like me. I think that exchange programs give a person opportunity to learn, have experience, get to know something new and present himself, his opinion and his country.

Interests:

• Photography
  • Journalism
  • Creative Writing
  • 3D Printing
  • Yearbook Club

Host Family Letter:

I am the president of the student council in our school. Two years ago, in primary school, I opened a school newspaper, which was the first in the city. I was the editor of the newspaper and started writing articles, taking photos, captioning them, printing them and distributing them throughout the school! I like newspapers a lot, I have newspapers from different countries and organizations, which I collect. One of the only newspapers I still haven't managed to get is the ,New York Times,

I have good and cheerful friends. I like their personalities, smiles and lifestyle, they are all unique to me. With them I can do everything that seems impossible. We take a lot of walks together, go to the cinema, theater, some park, organize picnics, go to concerts of various musical groups, exhibitions, participate in volunteer work, hikes and camps. For two years now, I have been engaged in various types of volunteering in schools, organizations, and I get energy and inspiration from them.

I want to share with you my culture, history and learn and discover new things about your culture. I have heard about many different holidays that are celebrated in America: Thanksgiving Day, Halloween, USA Independence Day, various festivals, New Year, I want to celebrate those holidays with you. 

Thank you for choosing me

USAHSID: FLX24520