Sara 15F Spain

Host Families

Introduction Message:

I describe myself as a very talkative and social person, that is why I have so many friends, but many people describe me as a sympathetic and funny girl because of my way of helping anyone in need and my weird sense of humor. In my free time, I enjoy reading and listening to music. I also like doing physical activities with my friends like playing volley or dancing. My dream career is being an English teacher because of my passion for childrens and the ability I have to entertain and teach them.

Interests:

• Swimming
  • Cooking
  • Concerts
  • Crafts
  • Skiing

Host Family Letter:

To my future host family.

It gives me great pleasure to write this letter about myself to let you know me and decide if I'm the perfect candidate for your family, and you might ask, why should we pick Sara?

There are multiple reasons why I’m a great candidate, I am the perfect mix of responsibility and enjoyment. In my day to day life, I wake up early to get myself ready for school, I take my dog for a walk , then I do all my homework and studying and I attend to my extracurriculars and after a long day of work, I relax with my family, watch a chapter or two of my favorite tv show, Modern family, and then I help my dad to cook dinner.

Let's move on with what I would bring to your family. As you might have noticed, I’m a very active, chatty and funny girl and I’m always thinking of ways to do different activities with my family. I can also be calm, I love crocheting and I can teach how to do it. Besides that, I would bring more joy and happiness and I’m sure I would be a great addition to the family.

As a person that comes here to learn, I would really like to know more about your culture that I find really interesting , I also hope to learn much more English and this is the perfect opportunity to do so, furtherless I want to experience new sports that aren't common in Spain and last but not least I would really learn to be more responsible, mature and independent.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter and I hope I am what you are looking for.

Sara

Parent Letter:

Dear host family,

We are Ana and Nacho, Sara's parents. We also have another daughter, Elsa, and four pets, three dogs, Pepa, Chico and Gala, and a cat, Miau. We live in a city located in the center of the peninsula.

We like traveling as a family, nature, amusement parks where we go at least once a month. Sara is a very responsible and mature girl, a friend of her friends, affectionate and a little demanding with her homework. She likes to listen to music, read, cook, make crafts and go out with her friends. At home, Sara helps with homework, walks the dogs, makes dinner and helps with the laundry.

She is a very good student, excels in English and history and does her homework every afternoon at home. This is her first trip abroad by herself. Before that, the whole family went to Paris and Disneyland for a week. Sara is very healthy, although she has some period pain and is lactose intolerant. 

We think it would be very beneficial for Sara and a unique and wonderful experience this school year in the United States, where she will grow as a person, getting to know other cultures and customs different from her own, and a dream fulfilled for her, which will be great for her future as an English teacher as is her wish. Although she will miss us a lot, I am sure you will make her feel loved and cared for in your home. 

A big hug from all the family.

USAHSID: FAO24566