Irene 15F Spain

Host Families

Introduction Message:

I'm observant person with clear ideas and open mind. Everybody says I'm positive, generous and empathetic with a great sense of humor. I love dogs and cats, but I have allergy. Weekends I spend time with family and grandmas also with my friends to go to the movie or shopping. I love music so much and travel. While on my program I´d like to live in a small town, also to join a tennis team or try a new sport, like softball. I like to cook, hope I learn local recipes and cook typical Spain´s dishes for you.

Interests:

• Tennis
  • Travel
  • Reading
  • Movies
  • Pop Music

Host Family Letter:

Hello! I am excited to have the opportunity to be part of your family. Since I was little, I have been an observant person, always attentive to the details around me. I think this has helped me develop an open mind and be willing to listen to and understand others. Generosity and empathy are fundamental values for me. I like to be a person that others can trust and feel supported. People around me tell that I have very clear ideas. I am a positive person, with a sense of humor and fun. I am responsible with my homework and studies. About my family, I live with my parents and my older brother in a small town near a big city. I love animals but I have dog´s and cat´s allergy. I spend a lot of time with my great family on weekends above all I like to be with my grandmothers, and I also meet up with my friends to go to the movie or shopping. I love music, watching series, movies. I love to travel. I like sports, especially tennis. In addition, I have played soccer, volleyball, basketball, and I would be happy to try new sports like softball. I like to cook and I hope to be able to learn new recipes and to cook some typical dishes from my country.

Next year, I hope to learn English but also the most important is to have the opportunity to be part of a new family, a community,know people,culture, educational system, live great experiences and adapt to situations that are put in front of me to improve and let me grow. I promise to do everything to make an unforgettable and wonderful year!.Love.

Parent Letter:

We'd like to thank you for having decided to host our daughter in your home as a member of your family. We think she's a very nice girl, is an observant person, responsible, generous and a good friend. She's obedient and does not like conflicts. Everyone who knows her agrees that she's quite mature for her age and therefore easy to reason with, adapts to the rules and norms. 

She has a brother 2 years older, they get along reasonably well. We live in a small town close to the city. She loves animals but she can´t live with dogs or cats inside the house, she has allergies. She has a guinea pig as a pet. 

During the weekends we spend time with our family, she loves to visit her grandmas, we go to watch our son´s basketball games. She has a very nice group of friends, who spend time at school and meet on weekends to go for a walk, eat together or go shopping. 

She loves music, watch series, movies and theater. Also she likes to cook and she does it so well. Irene likes to travel, last year we went to Idaho to visit her brother. 

Irene has played several sports: basketball, soccer, volleyball and now she's very excited about tennis. She would like to continue practice tennis next year or try some other sport like softball. 

We hope that she´ll have a wonderful personal experience,become part of your family, know other ways of understanding life,to get to know another culture,friends in a good social environment so that she can grow and develop into a great young woman in every way.

USAHSID: FSL24528