Duanduan 16F China

Host Families

Introduction Message:

I am an optimistic girl and I always try my best. In my sapre time, may stay in my room, listening to my CDs, playing an instrument, reading a novel or watching a movie. I also go out with friends. I often bicycle in the city, eat snacks , go swimming and try something new.I love various music genres, such as pop, rock, R&B and so on. I am keen on playing the piano. I have tried ukulele and flute, too. But I am not proficient at them. Would you like to try Chinese cuisine made by me?

Interests:

• Playing Musical Instruments (piano, flute, ukulele)
  • Travel
  • Photography
  • Bicycling
  • Movies

Host Family Letter:

Dear host family,

Thank you for hosting me in your family and I am excited that I am about to spend one year with you in America! I have pictured the new life over and over again. I believe we can get along with each other well.

I am a fifteen-year-old girl. I come from a beautiful place which is known for pandas and delicious cuisine.My family like traveling. On weekends, we sometimes watch a movie or go bike-riding together. Besides, there are two cute dogs in my home, which were adopted by me from stray dogs.

I am optimistic. Although sometimes I may feel sad, I can cheer myself up and never give in. I am also kind. I treat everyone around me politely and nicely and I have got many friends. I donated some clothes and books to kids who lived in poverty or in the orphanage. 

I love various music genres, such as pop, rock, R&B and so on. I am keen on playing the piano. I have learned it since I was 6. I have tried ukulele and flute, too. But I am not proficient at them.

Photography is also one of my hobbies. I take photos with enthusiasm, especially when I get closer to nature. 

Mountain climbing and hiking are my favorite sports. I prefer slower-paced exercise and I like enjoying picturesque scenery. 
As a new member of your family, I hope that we can get on well with each other and become good friends. Would you like to try Sichuan cuisine made by me? Let me cook some for you---you will like it.

I can’t wait to see you!
Best, 
Yours

Parent Letter:

Dear host family,

There is an old Chinese saying “Fate has come a thousand miles to meet”, which means both of our two families have the predestination as you have choose our girl to live in your family during exchange year. Here we express our gratitude to all of your family---many thanks.

We are a family of three. Every family member's ideas are respected, so we are not only her parents, but also her friends. On weekends, we go to the movies, take the dog for a walk, visit the elderly at home, and enjoy the food. During the winter and summer vacations, we will arrange tours. 

She has a lot of hobbies. She loves music, plays the piano well, and has a little ukulele. She likes photography and has a strong sense of imagery. She likes to watch movies, and her favorite is science fiction and magic films, like "Interstellar", "The Lord of the Rings", etc. She loves to climb mountains and hike, not afraid of long distances, close to nature.
She is a friendly, caring person. Because he treats people sincerely and values friendship, he is loved by teachers and classmates at school. She also loves small animals and has a strong affection for the two stray dogs that our family has adopted. When she is at home, she plays with the dog, bathes and feeds it.

Overall, our child is self-disciplined, optimistic and caring, and I hope that you can also like her, and sincerely hope that through her life and learning experience, our two families will gain friendship.

Best,

sincerely

USAHSID: DIP24503