Alice 16F Italy

Host Families

Introduction Message:

I am a sunny girl, responsible and sometimes reserved, depending on situations. I’m a lot of fun when I’m familiar with people, like my friends. I like to dance and do gymnastics in my free time. I also like volleyball so I would like to be part of a team of this sport in my future school. I love travelling. I am an only child for this I would love to share my experience with another girl of my age; I really like animals. I will try to bring some typical Italian foods for my host family.

Interests:

• Volleyball
  • Dance
  • Gymnastics
  • Instruments
  • Sports

Host Family Letter:

Dear Host Family,

I am Alice. I decided to do this experience to become a more responsible girl and to know a new language. I am also happy because this experience will help me to meet new people.  My ideal day is very simple: in the morning I attend classes at school, in the afternoon I dedicate myself to study and to the activities I love.  For example, three times a week I do modern dance or go out with my best friend for a walk.

In the evening, I have dinner with my family and we spend time together.  For example, we watch a movie together or talk about what we did during the day. I am a very quiet girl and my friends and relatives love me because if they need advice or help in times of need, I am the first one who tries to help them in every way.

Best,

Alice

Parent Letter:

Ours is a simple family based on sound principles and values passed down by our parents. We feel really lucky to have had a daughter like Alice , good and generous with everyone. Together we share the passion for travel that is almost always the subject of the dinner that for us represents the most important moment of the day.

What we obviously hope is that Alice will happen in a family that knows how to love her, understand her in the difficult moments that he will surely face staying away from home , and that he could support her. We already know that it will be a beautiful and unforgettable experience that will take with her throughout her life and this reassures us also seeing with what enthusiasm and lucidity he prepares for departure.

The resourcefulness and the desire for independence surprises us and therefore we can only be happy for this very long journey even if we do not hide that not having Alice close for all this time will be very difficult for us.

Alice is quite involved in the chores of the house and also excellent cook, especially with desserts, passion handed down by her paternal grandmother. We try to solve everyday problems, joys and disappointments possibly all together although most of the time Alice manages to fix things regardless of our advice. Basically we hope it will be an unforgettable experience.

Thank you,

Fabio e Patrizia

USAHSID: YOU24573