Tuesday Nite Connections

Work Exchanges

Every Tuesday evening throughout the busy ski season in Park City, Utah, dozens and sometimes hundreds of J-1 Work Travel participants and American seasonal staff gather for the Christian Center of Park City’s Tuesday Nite Dinners. Volunteers serve heaping trays of home-cooked meals, games are played, and connections are made. This year’s theme has been Rock n Roll, with each week featuring a different decade. Participants learned how to swing dance on 1940s week, and belted out 70s tunes at karaoke a few weeks later.

CIEE partnered with the Christian Center of Park City to include a sample of our Connect USA intercultural programming during the dinner on February 8th. Connect USA events are organized by CIEE throughout the U.S. during the busy summer and winter seasons, and offer students an opportunity to meet their peers and think critically about culture. For the event with the Christian Center, we dressed up in our 80s best and led an enthusiastic group of CIEE participants and their international and American friends in the Name Game. The evening closed out with a life-size game of Pac-Man involving cardboard cutouts and balloons.

We were thrilled to work with this wonderful local community organization to reach a wider audience and connect with even more participants! If you are interested in hosting a Connect USA event in your community, or if you have ideas for local organizations we can partner with, please let us know.