Volunteer Superstar and Innovation in Raising Awareness: Alumni Ambassador Award Winners

CIEE Alumni

March Alums of the Month:

the 2015 CIEE Alumni Ambassador Award Winners

For this March Alumni of the Month, we're highlighting two alums from our CIEE Alumni Ambassador program. The CIEE Alumni Ambassador program is a leadership development program that identifies and develops CIEE alumni to be ambassadors of study abroad on their college campus. After each semester, CIEE recognizes the contributions of two of our Alumni Ambassadors:

• The Volunteer Superstar Award is given to the student who most exceeds the requirements and expectations of the position.
  • The Innovation in Raising Awareness Award is provided to the alum who best utilizes their own creative abilities to promote CIEE and study abroad on their campus.

Marie Bebear of Colby College was the recipient of our Volunteer Superstar award. Marie went above and beyond the expectations of the Alumni Ambassador position being involved with five different events on campus. She assisted at her school’s study abroad fair, put together a PowerPoint presentation about her time on our Buenos Aires program, spoke at several different information sessions held on campus, and talked about the benefits of study abroad while addressing parents and students during Colby’s parents weekend.

Elizabeth Winchester of the University of Rochester was awarded CIEE’s Innovation in Raising Awareness Award. As an alumna of our Prague Film Studies program, Elizabeth made use of her experience by putting together a great video incorporating both personal images of her experience abroad as well as those from other CIEE alums from the University of Rochester.

Marie Bebear with Allison Gjeltema, CIEE Events and Marketing Senior Coordinator, at Colby College during the 2014 study abroad fair.

Each of the students will be receiving a CIEE alumni branded bicycle.

Congrats, Marie and Elizabeth, and thanks for all of your hard work as CIEE Alumni Ambassadors!