Three CIEE Study Abroad Alumni to Participate in IIE Summit as Generation Study Abroad Voices

This year, three CIEE Study Abroad alumni were invited to participate as Alumni Voices in the 2017 IIE Summit on Generation Study Abroad in Washington, D.C. from October 1-3. The Summit is part of the Institute of International Education (IIE)'s Generation Study Abroad initiative, of which CIEE is a partner, that aims to double the number of U.S. students studying abroad by 2020. The theme for this year's Summit is "Navigating a Changing World: Building Talent with Global Experience." Studies show that graduates with an international experience find employment faster and are more prepared than those without it, yet less than 10% of U.S. college students graduate with global experience. The Summit will bring together leaders and practitioners from education, business, and government for discussion on global workforce readiness to spark new ideas and creative collaboration to work towards expanding study abroad participation.

As a Generation Study Abroad Alumni Voice, these three CIEE Study Abroad alumni will be contributing their experiences, thoughts, and ideas as individuals who have gone from a study abroad student to a member of a global workforce. Combined, they present skills in photography, advocacy, business, marketing, writing, editing, and more. Click on their bios below to learn more about them, what they plan on contributing to the Summit, and what access to study abroad means to them:

RACHEL MALONE

STUDIED IN:
Dublin, Ireland

EDUCATION:
B.A. in Travel and Hospitality, Minneapolis Business College

CURRENT POSITION:
Brand Ambassador, Sand Cloud

BREANNA MOORE

STUDIED IN:
Legon, Ghana

EDUCATION:
B.A. in International Relations and African Studies, University of Pennsylvania

CURRENT POSITION:
Founder and CEO, LaBré

THOMAS ROSE

STUDIED IN:
Lisbon, Portugal

EDUCATION:
B.S. in Professional Writing, Champlain College

CURRENT POSITION:
Freelance Writer & Editor