Spending a Day in D.C. with CIEE Alumni

There were still some signs of cherry blossoms on April 2nd when the CIEE Alumni Washington D.C. Chapter had their day-long event. Alumni met up at the Newseum for three hours of learning and exploring together. If you've ever been to the Newseum before, you'd know that you could spend much longer than three hours there! Our Alumni Engagement Coordinator journeyed from CIEE Headquarters in Portland, Maine to spend a day getting to know some of our awesome D.C.-based alumni.

The day started off with a brief 4D movie experience in the museum before alumni enjoyed looking at preserved newspapers from the 1800s, innovative media exhibits, and a live interview with Kelly McEvers, co-host of NPR's "All Things Considered." (Click here to listen to the interview that CIEE alumni watched live!)

After the museum, several more alumni joined the group for a walk to the Tidal Basin, where there were many tulips and a few cherry blossom trees still in bloom. To re-fuel after walking all around D.C., everyone had dinner together and shared stories about their CIEE program experiences — what a great way to reconnect with old friends and make new ones! 

Are you a CIEE alum in D.C.? Don't miss the next event! Stay up-to-date by joining the CIEE Alumni Washington D.C. Chapter Facebook group, updating your email in the alumni directory, and visiting the Alumni Events page. Questions? Email alumni@ciee.org

Not in D.C.? Join one of our other chapters: Boston, Chicago, Bay Area, NYC, Russia, China