Happy New Year from CIEE!

A year in review, and looking ahead to 2015

2014 was a terrific year for the CIEE Alumni Global Network. Thousands of CIEE alumni – from more than 170 different countries – have connected and re-connected this year, through online platforms and in-person events. 

This year, our alumni have:

- Celebrated our worldwide network at lively in-person events in Moscow, Bucharest, Paris, New York, San Francisco, and Buenos Aires.  (Click here to view photos from each event)

- Worked to further their career development by participating in virtual networking events with fellow alumni around the world, as well as through opportunities such as the CIEE Alumni Summer Internship

- Engaged in causes that matter to them, such as contributing to CIEE’s partnership with Girl Rising and taking part in CIEE’s annual Justice For Women Lecture Series featuring Dr. Sima Samar

- Served as advocates for international exchange and intercultural understanding on their college campuses and at their local high schools

- Participated in the 100K Strong initiative to encourage more students to study abroad in China

Photo for blog post Happy New Year from CIEE!

Leia Johnson (Shanghai '14) and Inteus Taylor (Nanjing '14) at the 100K Strong reception in November 2014. 

All of this was made possible by one simple common element: a shared transformative experience through international education and exchange.

Looking ahead, we believe that the coming year will be even bigger and better for CIEE alumni. In 2015, we are excited to provide new alumni benefits and opportunities to connect with other members of the CIEE network to enrich your life and career.

In January, CIEE will launch its first 10 regional chapters of CIEE Alumni Local Chapters. Each chapter will provide support for networks of alumni to connect on a local level, in their own cities and communities. We’ve also planned a number of events in 2015 for online “meetups” and virtual networking for CIEE alumni.

We’re also increasing our professional development opportunities through our LinkedIn group and online resources. Alumni will again have opportunities for continuing their global education, including unique access to an incredible international thought leader through the Justice for Women Lecture Series – this year on March 19th featuring Ruchira Gupta, an award-winning advocate against human trafficking and founder of Apne Aap Women Worldwide

CarolineRyan

Caroline Ryan, President of the American Chamber of Commerce in Paris, speaks at the CIEE Paris 40th anniversary celebration and alumni gathering in April 2014.

We invite you to take advantage of all of these opportunities in the year ahead. To gain full access to all the benefits of being a member of the CIEE Alumni Global Network, please be sure to register in our Online Alumni Directory and confirm that your contact information is up to date. While you’re there, you can find classmates from your CIEE program as well as peers living and working near you. Click the ‘Join Now’ button on our alumni homepage to get started.

Want to connect with fellow CIEE alumni on social media? We have over 12,000 members in our CIEE Alumni Global Network group on LinkedIn! If you’re interested in learning more about what CIEE alumni are up to now, follow the CIEE Alumni blog for alumni profiles, news, and our Alumni of the Month feature (read about our December 2014 Alumni of the Month, a HAESF alum who founded a nonprofit to encourage STEM education for girls). 

We’re working on more ways to build the CIEE alumni community: follow us on Twitter and on our (just-launched!) Instagram @CIEEAlumni. We’d love to hear about your CIEE experience – how did your CIEE program impact your life? Share your story via e-mail at alumni@ciee.org or by tagging #CIEEAlumni on social media.

Thank you again for being part of our growing CIEE Alumni Global Network. We deeply appreciate the support and enthusiasm we received in 2014 from CIEE alumni around the world. We are glad to have you as part of the CIEE family and look forward to hearing from you in 2015.

Our best for a happy, healthy year ahead,

The CIEE Alumni Relations Team