Event Recap: CIEE Alumni San Francisco Bay Area Chapter Meets for Dinner

CIEE Alumni

The CIEE Alumni San Francisco Bay Area Chapter has had a couple of great events this past year, and more are planned for the near future. The chapter's president, Louisa, tells us about their last event:

On Wednesday, May 26, the CIEE Alumni San Francisco Bay Area Chapter held its second event of the year - a casual meet up and dinner to welcome and catch up with new and current members. Alumni, guests, and a few affiliates from the Academic Internship Council gathered at San Francisco’s Buca di Beppo Italian restaurant - a family-style establishment with some of the most eclectic and animated restaurant décor. It was a perfect setting for our night of storytelling and enjoyable conversation!

To elevate the energy of our dinner to be as lively as the wall decorations, the evening began with everyone writing, on their name tags, the farthest location outside of San Francisco that they’ve traveled to. While waiting for the food to arrive, alumni and guests went around the table and shared some fascinating, wild, and insightful travel tales about the destination indicated on their name tag. There were stories of frightening bullfights stopping traffic on a rural road in Hong Kong, horrendous seasickness from an outrageously crammed Thai ferry sailing in the dead of night, how difference in cultural mannerisms made for hilariously awkward encounters in Norway, and so much more. As the evening progressed, it was great to hear stories exchanged about more travels, professional insights, personal passions, and the love for Bay Area culture. In a family-style restaurant, there was certainly an intimate family atmosphere that was achieved at our CIEE dinner.

To the alumni and guests who attended, thank you for your hospitality and company. We are looking forward to another awesome CIEE alumni event in the Bay Area!

Did you miss this event? Don't miss the next one! Stay up-to-date with chapter events by: