Event Recap: CIEE Alumni in NYC Mingle with AIC Students at a Summer BBQ

CIEE Alumni

On Sunday, June 5th, the CIEE Alumni New York City Chapter gathered for a BBQ in Manhattan’s buzzing East Village neighborhood. New York-based alumni prepared a fun-filled evening with delicious food, games, and drinks, and mingled with the new arrivals and fellow alumni. In the spirit of international exchange, the alumni shared their event with Academic Internship Council (AIC) students from different parts of the world who just arrived in NYC for summer internships.

The Academic Internship Council joined the CIEE family in September 2014 and serves more than 40 U.S. and international universities, establishing academic internship opportunities for students in 12 cities worldwide. AIC offers domestic internships in Boston, New York, and San Francisco and has partnered with CIEE alumni chapters in the past to host events.

Chapter president Thilo Huber says, "As former students who have worked their way to and through the Big Apple, we are keen to share our personal and professional experiences with incoming students. Giving them a warm and proper ‘Welcome to New York’ is our way of living the CIEE spirit." And welcome incoming students they did! AIC students were grateful for the new connections, insider advice about navigating NYC, and the delicious lobster tails.

AIC New York Office Director Anna Krishtal says, “The New York AIC office and the CIEE Alumni New York City Chapter have had a great partnership from day one and we will continue to foster relations among local interns, students, and alumni as one CIEE family. This provides our students access to networking and mentoring opportunities that can help them when starting out in their careers. We are so grateful.”

Did you miss this event? Don't miss the next! Stay up-to-date on all CIEE alumni news and events in NYC by: