Alumni Update - March 2016

CIEE Alumni

NEWS THIS MONTH

Celebrating 25 Years of CIEE in Budapest

CIEE alumni, staff, partners, and friends gathered at Corvinus University in Budapest, Hungary on March 4 for a special celebration of the 25th anniversary of CIEE study abroad in Budapest. For one week leading up to the event, the CIEE Alumni Global Network engaged in a virtual celebration of the anniversary. Here's what some of our alumni had to say:

"While I was there, I lived with a three-generation family in a beautiful apartment in the 13th district by Margaret Bridge. And ever since then, I have considered myself blessed to have a Hungarian family to go home to every time I visit Budapest.” -Amy Liu, CIEE Budapest, 2000

“If I had to describe my experience in one word it would be unforgettable.” –Marissa Kramer, CIEE Budapest, 2013

Read more stories from Budapest alums and learn about the history of the study center on the blog.

Global Immersion Programs for High School Students

CIEE offers great programs for U.S. high school students to help them become global citizens in today's interconnected world. Opportunities such as CIEE Global Navigator High School Programs, CIEE High School Abroad, and CIEE Gap Year Abroad foster cultural exploration through activities, excursions, a homestay experience (in most locations), and unique community immersion. CIEE alumni and children of alumni get a 10% discount on any of these programs. Registration discounts ($250) also apply for Gap Year and High School Abroad students who apply early!

On the Blog: "Life Lessons Learned from Studying Abroad"

"Studying abroad taught me the value of independence and comfortability in my own autonomy." Tyler Davoren, CIEE alum who studied abroad in Brussels, Belgium during the summer of 2014, shares with us some life lessons learned from studying abroad. He is now working as a Chapter Support Specialist for the national office of Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity, where he regularly seeks opportunities to travel and live every day to the fullest. Visit the blog to read the full story.

UPCOMING EVENTS

CIEE Alumni Bay Area Chapter Event

On March 10 from 6-10 p.m., CIEE alumni in the Bay Area will gather at the Exploratorium for a night of educational fun. Connect with fellow CIEE alumni in the area while checking out interactive experiments throughout the museum and participating in a free fungi tasting! Learn more and RSVP today.

ALUM OF THE MONTH 

Stephanie Fodor

Stephanie Fodor, our March Alum of the Month, participated in CIEE’s Tokyo, Japan study abroad program in her junior year of college. She is an accomplished actress and entrepreneur that has recently appeared on the hit NBC television show, “Grimm.” Visit the blog to read more.

@CIEEALUMNI 

From left: A group of CIEE Senegal Fall 2014 alumni reunite in Washington, D.C.; CIEE Teach Abroad alumni and applicants meet for an informational dinner in Boston; and CIEE Budapest alum Emelie and friends remember their challenging hike in Transylvania while studying abroad.

On social media? So are we! Follow us on Twitter or Instagram @CIEEalumni, and join over 20,000 alumni on our LinkedIn group

Don't forget to update your information to receive important communications and alumni news. 

ALUMNI NEWS  |  EVENTS  |  CHAPTERS  |  CONTACT US

Photo for blog post Alumni Update - March 2016

300 Fore St. Portland, ME 04101  |  1.207.553.4000  |  ciee.org/alumni

If you wish to be removed from this group's mailing list, click here