World Trade Center Redevelopment Master Planner Daniel Libeskind and Google Chief Education Evangelist Jaime Casap to Headline 2015 CIEE Annual Conference

CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange is excited to announce visionary architect Daniel Libeskind and Google Chief Education Evangelist Jaime Casap as the featured speakers for its 2015 CIEE Annual Conference, November 4-7, in Berlin.

Respected innovators in their fields, Libeskind and Casap will offer inspiration to an audience of more than 500 scholars, thinkers, and leaders in international education who are working to reimagine, rebuild, and reinvent study abroad to give all students the tools they need to thrive in the 21st century.

During the conference’s opening presentation on November 4, Libeskind will share his architectural vision and use his own work as an example of how developing and shaping big ideas can lead to transformation. Casap will share his thoughts on the powerful role of technology in revolutionizing education and transforming today’s students into tomorrow’s global citizens during the conference’s Annual Luncheon on November 6.

This year’s conference theme, The Reinvention of Study Abroad: Setting the Course for 2020, is part of CIEE’s commitment to Generation Study Abroad™, an initiative started by the Institute of International Education to double the number of students studying abroad to 600,000 by the year 2020. In support of this initiative, CIEE has pledged to provide $20 million in scholarships and grants to American students, to sponsor passports for 10,000 students, and to offer an annual $20,000 grant to college faculty to support innovative approaches to custom study abroad programs.

To learn more about the CIEE Annual Conference, visit www.ciee.org/conference.

Daniel Libeskind, Architect, Artist, and Professor
An international figure in architecture and urban design, Daniel Libeskind is renowned for his ability to evoke cultural memory in buildings of equilibrium-defying contemporaneity. Informed by a deep commitment to music, philosophy, and literature, Libeskind aims to create architecture that is resonant, original, and sustainable. Born in Lód’z, Poland, in 1946, Libeskind immigrated to the United States as a teenager.

Daniel Libeskind, World Trade Center Redevelopment Master Planner

Libeskind established his architectural studio in Berlin, Germany, in 1989 after winning the competition to build the Jewish Museum in Berlin. In February 2003, Studio Libeskind moved its headquarters from Berlin to New York City when Daniel Libeskind was selected as the master planner for the World Trade Center redevelopment. Daniel Libeskind’s practice is involved in designing and realizing a diverse array of urban, cultural, and commercial projects internationally.

Jaime Casap, Chief Education Evangelist, Google, Inc.
Jaime Casap is chief education evangelist at Google, Inc., where he works with educational organizations around the world to help them find ways to continuously improve the quality of education by utilizing and enabling technology capabilities. Born and raised as a first-generation American to a single mother on welfare in Hell’s Kitchen, New York, Casap understands and appreciates the power education has on changing the destiny of a family in just one generation.

Jaime Casap, Google Chief Education Evangelist

In addition to his role at Google, Casap serves on the Board of Directors for the Arizona Science Foundation, New Global Citizens, Arizona Chamber of Commerce, Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce, and serves as an advisor to dozens of organizations focused on education and access, including South by Southwest EDU (SXSWedu,) the Arizona Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, and is on the GSV Advisors Advisory Board. He is also an adjunct professor at Arizona State University, where he teaches classes and guest lectures.