Top 10 reasons CIEE's STEM and Society courses meet the needs of STEM undergraduates

In response to demand from STEM students seeking to add an international component to their education, 23 new 6-week block STEM and Society courses will be offered at various locations within CIEE's Global Institute Network beginning Fall 2019. 

Here are the top 10 reasons CIEE's STEM and Society programming meets the specific needs of undergraduates majoring in STEM.

CIEE’s STEM and Society courses:

1.  Are available for all letters of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), along with Psychology
  2.  Are entirely in English, including those with labs
  3.  Offer CIEE-trained faculty who excel at innovative, interactive learning
  4.  Have small class sizes, providing students more attention and support
  5.  Are fundamental-level so students can study abroad earlier in their academic career (when they don’t have to worry about missing out on upper-level electives at their home campus)
  6.  Align with U.S. higher education standards, so students stay on track
  7.  Connect STEM, society, and culture through STEM-based study tours and co-curricular activities
  8.  Have a 6-week block format that works for both semester and quarter students
  9. Can be taken at up to three different locations in our Global Institute Network during a single semester
  10.  Are offered alongside other Open Campus Block Courses, including language instruction and courses in Public Health, Business, International Relations, Communications, Literature, and more

The curriculum of our STEM and Society courses is comparable to similar courses offered at colleges and universities, making approvals easier. Students on the STEM and Society program may also request to have their coursework transcripted by Tulane University, CIEE's School of Record.

STEM students require cultural competence to work in an ever more globally-connected world and study abroad is a great catalyst. In addition to the STEM and Society programming, CIEE also offers 40 direct enroll STEM programs and 18 STEM Intensive Programs

For more on CIEE’s extensive portfolio of opportunities for STEM majors, please visit ciee.org/stem and attend our free webinar on February 28 at 2 p.m.