Global Navigator Program Leaders Convene for Training in Minneapolis

In late April, hundreds of high school teachers, counselors, and coaches from across the country met in Minneapolis for training that will prepare them to lead CIEE’s Summer Global Navigator High School Study Abroad programs.

This marks the 5th annual in-person training session for Global Navigator Program Leaders and this cohort of leaders will be mentors to the record 2,300 high school students who will participate in the Global Navigator Study Abroad programs in 52 international locations this summer.

In Minneapolis, these experienced and enthusiastic educators received training on how to help high school students have a safe, transformative study abroad experience, including extensive training on intercultural skills and communication, led by Quinton Redcliffe, CIEE’s Director of Diversity and Inclusion.

Photo for blog post Global Navigator Program Leaders Convene for Training in Minneapolis

From making the most of learning moments and building on cultural knowledge, to assisting resident staff with program logistics and group management, Global Navigator Program Leaders are entrusted with making sure students have positive immersive, intercultural experiences that will help prepare them to be the leaders of tomorrow.