CIEE Announces February 10 Deadline for Second Round of Global Navigator Scholarship Applications to Support Study Abroad for High School Students

CIEE: Council on International Educational Exchange today announced a February 10, 2015 deadline to submit applications for the second round of its Global Navigator Scholarship program, which provides financial support to high school students around the United States to study abroad this summer.

Each Global Navigator Scholarship recipient attends one of CIEE’s 30 summer study abroad programs in 16 places around the world – connecting with local students, gaining insight into the culture, and strengthening language skills while taking courses at a CIEE Study Center. In addition, students live with a host family and participate in numerous excursions to nearby cities, historical sites, and more.

“On this [CIEE High School Summer Abroad] program, I will gain hands-on experience and learn beneficial information," said 2015 Global Navigator Scholarship recipient Josh C. "I would not be able to study abroad without the Global Navigator Scholarship, so I am very excited for this chance to go to Bonaire!”

CIEE awarded over $100,000 in scholarships to 24 students representing 14 states during its first round. Hundreds of scholarships totaling $1 million remain available to cover from 10 to 100 percent of program costs for selected students.

Scholarships are awarded to high school freshmen, sophomores, and juniors based on a combination of merit and need. Interested students can apply for the current round by February 10, 2015 or during round three by March 1, 2015 at ciee.org/highschoolsummer.

The Global Navigator Scholarships are made possible by a generous endowment from donor Sheron Long, former CEO of Hampton-Brown, a pre-K-12 education publisher of language and literacy materials, in partnership with CIEE.  They were founded to increase the number of high school students who study abroad by making the experience more financially accessible.