Adventures in Seoul: My Orientation Week and First Week at Yonsei University

Truc H.

Hey everyone! I just wrapped up an exhilarating orientation week and dove into my first week of school here at Yonsei University in Seoul, South Korea. It's been a whirlwind of excitement, new experiences, and incredible adventures!

As an exchange student from the US, I had the fantastic opportunity to join the program through CIEE. Right from the get-go, they've been absolute rockstars in helping me navigate everything from cultural nuances to academic requirements, ensuring that my transition to life in Korea has been smooth sailing.

One of the highlights of our orientation week was undoubtedly the scavenger hunt. Our group roamed around the vibrant streets of Seoul, ticking off iconic landmarks like Seoul Forest, Dongdaemun Design Plaza, and the famous Starfield Library at Coex Mall. Not only was it a blast exploring these must-see spots, but it also gave us the chance to practice navigating the bustling metropolis and mastering the metro system like seasoned locals.

Last Thursday, I went on a mesmerizing night tour of Deoksu Palace with my fellow CIEE peers. Stepping into this historical gem under the cloak of darkness was like taking a captivating journey back in time. Thanks to our knowledgeable guide, I got a Korean history crash course that fascinated me utterly.

As I reflect on these past weeks, I can't help but feel incredibly grateful for the opportunity to immerse myself in Korean culture, history, and academia. Every day brings new discoveries, friendships, and adventures, and I can't wait to share them all with you.

So stay tuned! This is just the beginning of my journey here in Seoul, and I promise there's plenty more excitement and stories to come. Until next time!βœˆοΈπŸ‡°πŸ‡·πŸ™οΈπŸŒŸπŸ‡°πŸ‡·